Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue August 14, 2012
Mississippi River Bridge to Close for Inspection
The Illinois Department of Transportation plans to close the U.S. 60/62 bridge over the Mississippi River three days next week for safety inspections. The bridge which connects Cairo, Ill., to Mississippi County Missouri will shut down between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Wednesday.
Traffic will also be down to one lane Thursday next week, and Friday, Aug. 31.