Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri December 14, 2012
The Morning Cram [couch potato entrepreneur edition]
From NPR: Millenials tired of low-paying jobs or no jobs at all are creating their own small businesses. Some use the space of already established businesses to work while others stay at home and work from their living room.
Kentucky: Gov. Steve Beshear has asked Sens. Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul to force the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to release water from the Missouri River to raise the Mississippi’s water levels. An investigation of former Department of Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer will not be on the Personnel Board’s agenda in today’s meeting. A portion of KY 1748 in Graves County will be closed part of next week. The City of Earlington lays off three city workers until spring because of a delay in coal severance and a projected decrease in tax revenue. Billi Jo Smallwood was sentenced to 25 years in prison for setting a fire in Fort Campbell that killed two of her children. Jamie Taylor has accepted a plea deal of two life sentences in prison along with a five year jail sentence for the murder of CaSondra Evrard. Hopkinsville Community College will go completely tobacco-free with the coming of the New Year.