Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 4, 2013
The Morning Cram [let’s get fracking edition]
From NPR: The new movie Promised Land will have many energy industry insiders rolling their eyes with its portrayal of hydraulic fracturing. Fracking proponents are using the opportunity to inform people about their side of the story.
Kentucky: A TVA plant in Muhlenberg County has been named as a top polluter in 2011 by an environmental advocacy group. Ten Kentucky health departments will receive grants so they can do more colon cancer screenings for low-income, uninsured patients.
Tennessee: The Emergency Unemployment Compensation program has been extended for another year. Tennesseans expecting fraud or misuse of public funds can now report their suspicions online. The TNStars college savings plan is giving a $50 match to Tennesseans who sign up for the investment.
Illinois: The state Senate adjourned a day early and did not make any action on the pension crisis or legalizing gay marriage.