Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Thu August 23, 2012
morning cram [only you edition]
Today on NPR: How The Smokey Bear Effect Led To Raging Wildfires
- Princeton City Council members are studying how two other western Kentucky cities have implemented their local option laws allowing alcohol sales.
- High levels of run-off pollution in a Christian County river that empties into Lake Barkley has officials considering a fertilizer ban there.
- A task force looking for ways to cover Kentucky's $19-billion public pension shortfall will explore the idea of borrowing enough money to bridge the gap through the sale of government bonds.
- While the US drought has been rough on our region’s corn and soybean crops, grape growers in the Four Rivers say their harvest will make up in quality what it lacks in quantity.
- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear visits Eddyville today.