Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue November 27, 2012
The Morning Cram [rotten egg edition]
From NPR: Food waste is the No. 1 material going into landfills according to the Environmental Protection Agency. And a large chunk of it is coming from restaurants. All that wasted food doesn’t just make a rank smell, it’s contributing to global warming too.
Tennessee: Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the state House, but Judd Matheny lost his position as speaker pro tempore to Curtis Johnson.
Illinois: Members of the General Assembly want corporations to publish their income-tax bills in the name of transparency and fairness. The U.S. Supreme Court delivered a blow to an Illinois anti-eavesdropping law saying it violated free-speech rights.