Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
Wed June 27, 2012
the morning cram [ we need two big pizzas...a whole lotta water...and Funyons edition]
NPR reports a new law in Chicago may mean you won't go to jail for "just a little" pot.
Kentucky ~ The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a heat advisory for the Four Rivers region beginning tomorrow afternoon and running through Sunday night. Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton and city commissioners passed an ordinance last night creating a Fire Prevention Division attached to the city’s fire department. Paducah-McCracken County Convention Center Corporation Chairman Jim Sigler conducted his last meeting yesterday. New data shows Kentucky college graduates will shell out an average of $200 a month for a decade to pay off their student loans.
Tennessee ~ Proficiency levels are up in all but one of Tennessee’s latest elementary and middle school student assessments. Tennessee court officials report state attorneys are doing more free legal work this year.