Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri February 8, 2013
MSU Presidential Contract Review Committee Now Planning Open Meeting
The Murray State University Board of Regents’ Ad-hoc Presidential Contract Review Committee will now meet in open session next week. Coordinator of Board Relations Jill Hunt confirms the committee will meet Wednesday afternoon at Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Kentucky.
Hunt says she will release the meeting agenda Monday. Board Chairman Constantine Curris and meeting minutes previously indicated the meeting would be closed. University President Randy Dunn had initially questioned the board’s decision, citing a Kentucky Attorney General opinion that indicated contract renewal discussions should be held in open session. The Board must act on Dunn’s contract by June 30. The president’s current contract ends in June 2014.