Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue March 5, 2013
National Geographic Designates KY Bourbon Trail
National Geographic has designated the Kentucky Bourbon Trail as one of its top 10 "Best Spring Trips." The Kentucky tourism attraction is showcased along with excursions and festivals in New Zealand, India, the Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, South Africa and Argentina.
Only three American trips made the top 10. The Bourbon Trail attracted more than 5 hundred thousand visitors last year, the first time the tour has broken the half-million mark since its creation in 1999 by the Kentucky Distillers' Association. Bourbon Trail director Adam Johnson says attendance is already up for early 2013.