Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
Mon March 4, 2013
New Candle Plant Bringing 150 Jobs to Fulton
A major candle manufacturer is establishing a new plant in Fulton, Kentucky, bringing 150 new full-time jobs to the city. MVP Group International is a candle and fragrance goods manufacturer based in Charleston, South Carolina.
The company is investing more than $5 million in an existing facility in the city and will receive about $2 million in tax incentives. The Fulton area has experience some of Kentucky’s highest unemployment rates following several plant closures, including the Ferry Morse Seed Company last May.