Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue November 6, 2012
New Metal Company Retains Hopkins Co. Jobs
A company buyout in Hopkins County retains 60 metal manufacturing jobs, and opens the possibility of expansion. The Madisonville-Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation and company officials announced Tuesday the formation of Integrated Metal Solutions.
The local company bought out Schott Gemtron’s metal plant in Madisonville. Schott Gemtron partially relocated this summer, but chose to keep the metal fabrication site in Hopkins County. Integrated Metal Solutions president Alan Dockrey says the company hopes to expand its operation in the future.