Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Press Releases & Events
Fri September 4, 2009
New Season of The Eisenhower Hour on WKMS
By Jenni Todd
Murray, KY – Media Release: New Season of The Eisenhower Hour on WKMS
Date: September 4, 2009
Contact: Jenni Todd (firstname.lastname@example.org or 270.809.4748)
Murray, KY. - Beginning Sunday, September 13, all programs of The Eisenhower Hour are new. During each segment host Dr. Bob takes an in-depth look at musical tradition, an individual musician, or genre. Each show has a theme, and topics for the new season include Rhythm and Blues of the Early Fifties, Roadhouse and Beer Joint Country, The Singing Rage: Patti Page, and The Eisenhower Hour Sock Hop. The Eisenhower Hour is a fun, nostalgic journey through American popular music and culture of the Fifties and can be heard Sundays at 6 p.m. on 91.3 FM, on 91.3 WKMS HD-1, and via our web stream at wkms.org.
WKMS broadcasts at 91.3 FM with 100,000 watts, at 91.3 WKMS HD1 and HD2 (on air and online at wkms.org.), at translators 92.1 FM, Paducah, 105.1 FM Madisonville and 99.5 FM Paris, Tennessee. Station funding comes from listeners, underwriters, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and Murray State University. For more information or to become a member of WKMS and receive station communications call 800-599-4737 or visit wkms.org.