Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Roads & Highways
Mon October 29, 2012
Nine Children Injured in Christian Co. Bus Accident
Nine Christian County children suffered minor injuries this morning when their school bus hit a deer. Christian County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Major Billy Gloyd says the bus driver was taking the children to school when a deer ran out in front of the bus. The driver, Kenneth Buckner, of Crofton, swerved to avoid the deer, but hit it and skidded along the guardrail before coming to a stop.
Gloyd says the injured students and the bus monitor were taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center. He says the other students were taken to Crofton Elementary School. The Christian County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate the crash.