Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Press Releases & Events
Thu October 21, 2010
NPR ends Williams' contract after Muslim remarks
Murray, KY – Information about NPR's dismissal of Commentator Juan Williams
NPR has terminated the contract of Senior News Analyst Juan Williams, due to remarks made on The O'Reilly Factor on Mon., October 18, that were inconsistent with NPR's editorial standards and practices.
NPR's David Folkinflik will have a piece on ATC today, Thurs., October 21, concerning Williams' termination. A column from NPR Ombudsman Alicia Shepard posted around noon ET today. Read it here
Anna Christopher Bross, Senior Manager, Media Relations, NPR, at (202) 513-2304 or email@example.com is the contact for media organizations pursuing this breaking news.
Listeners who want to communicate directly with NPR should use the regular NPR Listener Care line (202) 513-3232, Hours: 10am to 5 pm ET, Monday through Friday, or to the general Contact Us form online at http://help.npr.org/npr/includes/customer/npr/custforms/contactus.aspx
Listeners may also communicate through the NPR Ombudsman at (202) 513-3245.