Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed June 13, 2012
NRCC Makes Early Ad Buy for Andy Barr
The national group in charge of getting Republicans elected to Congress is investing $400,000 in Kentucky's Sixth Congressional District.
The National Republican Congressional Committee has purchased television ad time to support Republican Andy Barr's second challenge against Congressman Ben Chandler this fall. Barr came within 650 votes of defeating Chandler in 2010.
We wanted to place the ad early, the reservation early, as a marker that we view this as one of the most competitive races in the country," says NRCC spokesman Nat Sillin. "And we are committed to making sure that there are resources there so that Ben Chandler is held accountable this fall, he says.
So far, the rematch between Chandler and Barr has been tame.
Democrats are more confident in Chandler's ability to hold onto the seat after redistricting brought more Democrats into the district.