Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed August 15, 2012
NY Horse Track Looks to Invest in Ellis Park
A New York-based horse racing park wants to invest in Henderson’s Ellis Park. Horse racing industry magazine Blood-Horse reports Saratoga Raceway and Casino, of Saratoga Springs, has filed an investment request with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. Investment details haven’t been released.
But Ellis Park owner Ron Geary announced earlier this year he was seeking a partner to invest up to $3 million to put in 250 Instant Racing machines. A lawsuit in Kentucky courts is challenging the legality of instant racing. The KHRC plans to consider the New York track’s investment request at its September meeting.