Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue January 8, 2013
Owensboro Hospital Searching for More Doctors
A hospital in Daviess County is looking to bring additional primary care physicians to the region. Owensboro Medical Health System is recruiting two dozen doctors this year to meet the needs of the hospital's service area in western Kentucky and southern Indiana.
OMHS spokesman Gordon Wilkerson says physician recruitment is similar to starting a small business. He says,
"A physician is going to, just by effect, bring patients and that creates jobs in other areas like nurses, x-ray technicians, pharmacists, and so forth."
Wilkerson says a new Owensboro hospital, under construction and scheduled to open in June, has been a valuable recruitment tool.