Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah’s Convention Center Corportation Embezzlement Investigation
The Paducah Convention Center Corporation’s embezzlement investigation is in its second phase. Chairman Phil McIntosh tells the Paducah Sun the board has until October 7th, one year from the time the embezzlement was discovered, to file lawsuits.
Bowling Green-based law firm English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley was hired in November to investigate the embezzlement of more than $230,000 from the center over a roughly 13-month period. McIntosh says the board is hoping for a settlement to avoid litigation.