Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon January 14, 2013
Records Show DCS Lagged in Child Death Reviews
Records from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services show the agency fell behind in reviewing child deaths and ignored its own policies.
The department gave the information The Tennessean late last week. The newspaper is among a number of news organizations suing the D-C-S to obtain other records the agency refuses to release. The organizations argue the public needs information that would reveal how the state handled cases where children the agency investigated died or nearly died.