Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue May 29, 2012
Sinking Crane at Ledbetter Bridge Site
Divers, tomorrow, will assess a sinking barge and crane being used to help construct the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge. Workers at the bridge site which connects McCracken and Livingston Counties noticed the leak while on a routine safety check this weekend.
The 280 foot crane on the partially submerged barge is listing. Highway Officials say the divers should provide detailed information about the damage and how long it might take to make raise and repair the barge. The crane and barge had been working at the site for about a year with no indication of problems, making the sinking something of a mystery. Officials say the setback should not create any significant delay in the project.