Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri June 8, 2012
SIU Receives Clean Coal Grant
Southern Illinois University Carbondale is getting a nearly $300,000 federal grant money meant to develop clean-coal technology.
The grant money bound for the university's Coal Research Center will go towards work on powder coatings to protect boiler and turbine parts from corrosion. In addition to the grant, the university has given more than $140,000 to the center. SIUC was among nine universities chosen to receive a portion of the $2.7 million dollar grant issued by President Obama's administration to further clean coal research.