Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed May 16, 2012
SkyWest Staying in Paducah for Two More Years
Regional jet service provider SkyWest extended their contract for Chicago jet service with Barkley Regional Airport for another two years.
Airport spokeswoman Jackie Jones says the contract is made possible by the Essential Air Service subsidy from the Department of Transportation. The subsidy pays for about $43 of each passenger’s ticket on the flights to make the service more affordable. The service started in 2010 and is the only jet air connection to an international airport in the region.