Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon October 29, 2012
Stivers has Support for Senate Presidency
Kentucky Senate Majority Leader Robert Stivers is getting plenty of vocal support to succeed David Williams as Senate president. This comes days after Williams said he was resigning to take a circuit judge position.
The Courier-Journal reports Stivers says he’s interested in the Senate presidency and he thinks he has the votes to win. Even though the next Senate president won't be elected until January, Republicans and Democrats alike are assuming Stivers will get the job. Republican caucus chairman Senator Dan Seum says they expect to informally choose Williams' successor during meetings in Frankfort this December.