Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri July 27, 2012
Teacher effectiveness focus of new KY panel
The Prichard Committee for Academic Excellence’s Team on Teacher Effectiveness will meet for the first time today in Frankfort.
The panel will examine teacher issues in an effort to come up with recommendations for the 2014 legislative session to improve the Commonwealth’s public schools. They will discuss hot-button issues such as recruitment, training and retention. The panel is led by Louisville attorney Franklin Jelsma.