Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri December 7, 2012
Tenn. Gov. Declares Today 'Pearl Harbor Day'
Gov. Bill Haslam is designating Dec. 7 "Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day" in Tennessee.
On December 7, 1941, more than 3,500 Americans serving in the United States military stationed at Pearl Harbor were killed or wounded in a surprise attack by Japan.
Twenty Tennessee service members on the USS Arizona were killed during the attack.