Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue November 6, 2012
Tennessee Budget Meetings Start this Week
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is starting the annual state budget hearings for the next fiscal year this week in Nashville.
Haslam, Finance and Administration Commissioner Mark Emkes and David Thurman, the state budget director, will preside over the hearings that begin today and will last through next Tuesday. The first day of hearings will cover several different departments, including safety, tourist development, military, veterans’ affairs, agriculture, health, education and environment and conservation.