Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon February 4, 2013
TN DCS Commissioner to Meet with Legislative Panel
A state legislative committee is expected to hear from the head of the embattled Tennessee Department of Children's Services this week. Commissioner Kate O'Day is scheduled to address questions from the Senate Health and Welfare Committee on Wednesday.
DCS has been heavily criticized for its refusal to release records related to the abuse and death of children under its care. Lawmakers are concerned with diminishing oversight of DCS. In the past two years at least a half-dozen groups that monitored DCS have been eliminated.