Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Tue December 18, 2012
TN Offers Free Mortgage Hotline
Tennessee homeowners facing foreclosure now have a free hotline to turn to for help. The Mortgage Assistance Hotline refers homeowners to free foreclosure prevention counseling. The hotline is staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Callers can get free counseling over the phone or get a referral for in-person counseling at a local non-profit.
The hotline is a partnership between the state and the Homeownership Preservation Foundation, which has been operating a national hotline for the past five years.