Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 18, 2013
TN Unemployment at Five Year Low
The number of unemployed Tennesseans is at its lowest point since the economic meltdown of 2008.
The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development announced yesterday unemployment figures for December were 235,700. The state reports there are more than 2.8 million people employed in Tennessee. That's the highest employment total for the state since March 2008. The state figures show that non-farm employment increased by 6,000 jobs between November and December.