Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu January 17, 2013
Toxic Levels Down In KY
Kentucky officials say an inventory that records industrial toxic releases in the state showed a reduction in releases in 2011.
The Department for Environmental Protection says onsite and offsite toxic releases were just over 83 and a half million pounds in 2011, a nearly 14 percent decrease from 2010. The figures include data from 423 facilities and 154 chemicals, including lead and arsenic-based compounds.