Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue November 6, 2012
TVA Board Chooses New CEO
The Tennessee Valley Authority’s board has chosen a former energy chief from North Carolina to succeed retiring Tom Kilgore as the chief executive of the nation’s largest public utility.
Bill Johnson was CEO of Progress Energy but was replaced by the CEO of Duke Energy when the two companies merged in July. TVA Board Chairman Bill Sansom says he has total confidence in the board’s choice of leadership and says support for Johnson was unanimous. Johnson will take over the $11 billion federal agency in January, and says he wants to make how the company treats customers and employees a top priority.