Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed September 19, 2012
UK Reconsidering Campus Alcohol Policy
With lingering concerns about the University of Kentucky's alcohol policy coming to light in recent meetings between UK and surrounding neighborhoods, UK President Eli Capilouto says he's willing to reexamine the rules, which banned alcohol on campus 14 years ago.
With more student renting houses off campus and a move underway to build new residence halls and enhance existing facilities, university spokesperson Jay Blanton says the timing is right to take a closer look at UK's relationship with nearby neighborhoods.