Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue May 29, 2007
Uncommon Mystery - Desert Heat
By Michael Cohen
Murray, KY – Author J.A. Jance creates what Publisher's Weekly calls "a taut and poignant mystery" with her novel, "Desert Heat." Protagonist, Joanna Brady, finds her husband shot in the Arizona desert on the night of their tenth wedding anniversary. But this, and her husband's suspicious death in the hospital, is only the beginning. Hear what mystery novel expert Michael Cohen thinks about this southwest thriller.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Cohen's commentary. Michael Cohen is Professor Emeritus at Murray State University. He is the author of "Murder Most Fair: The Appeal of Mystery Fiction," published by Fairleigh Dickinson University Press.
Read the text for this commentary here.