Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Mon January 28, 2013
Uninsured Care May Expand in Paducah
Officials with the Saint Nicholas Family Free Clinic in Paducah are hoping to expand the scope of care they offer.
The clinic now treats only people with no insurance coverage. However, KentuckyCare is working with Saint Nicholas to expand operating hour and give it the ability to provide care for minimally insured patients. The Arkansas-based KentuckyCare operates 26 clinics under the name ArCare. About a year ago, the group opened its first Kentucky clinic in Bardwell. Agency general counsel Winston Collier says that clinic opened after the Delta Commission determined Carlisle County was medically underserved. Health care regulators must approve the proposed partnership.