Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri January 18, 2013
Use of Heroin Up in Paducah
Paducah authorities have seen a rise in heroin use in the city over the past year. Yesterday Paducah Police arrested 20 year old Jason A. Morris on suspicion of selling heroin. During a four month investigation into Morris' activities, Undercover officers purchased a total of 9 grams of heroin. The street value of the seized heroin totals more than $5,000.
"Hopefully, ultimately we’d like to cut heroin out of Paducah as well as the others, but that’s a long, hard road ahead." said Paducah Police Detective Nathan Young.
Young says the increase may be due to the change in prescription drug laws which make it more difficult for dealers to procure the necessary components to manufacture methamphetamine.