Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Wed May 9, 2012
Webb-Edgington Gets Support of Anti-Abortion Group
Republican congressional candidate Alecia Webb-Edgington has been endorsed by the political arm of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List in Kentucky's 4th District primary. Such endorsements matter in the conservative district where seven Republicans are vying for the nomination in the May 22nd primary.
Another anti-abortion group, Kentucky Right to Life, previously endorsed one of Webb-Edgington's opponents, Gary Moore. Webb-Edgington and Moore are considered frontrunners for the GOP primary, along with Lewis County Judge Exectutive Thomas Massie. Two democrats are also running for the hotly contested seat being vacated by retiring longtime lawmaker Geoff Davis.