Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed September 12, 2012
Wickliffe Among Towns Involved in New River Initiative
A representative from the city of Wickliffe is among Mississippi River town leaders meeting this week to discuss federal lobbying efforts. The newly-formed Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative is meeting in St. Louis to talk about water quality, floodplains, and recreational and environmental protection.
Director Colin Wellenkamp says the cities of Columbus and Wickliffe are among the more than 40 Mississippi River cities that have signed on. The initiative is funded by the Walton Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on education and environmental issues.