Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu October 25, 2012
Williams Nominated for State Judgeship
Kentucky Senate President David Williams is one step closer to leaving the state legislature. Williams is one of three people nominated by a judicial commission to fill the 40th Circuit opening. Angela Capps and Stephen Hurt are the other two people nominated.
The three names now move to Governor Steve Beshear, who will select the person to fill the remaining two years of the judicial term. In a statement, Williams says he is thankful for the nomination and will accept the judgeship if Beshear selects him.