Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 26, 2007
WW II and America's Money
By Joe Fuhrmann
Murray, KY – The United States has been a world superpower for many decades; Dr. Joe Fuhrmann associates America's power with its use of base and precious metals while minting coins during WWII.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Dr. Fuhrmann's commentary. Dr. Joe Fuhrmann is a history professor at Murray State University and the owner of "Christopher's Coins" doing business at the Heart of Hazel Antique Mall in Hazel, Kentucky..
Read the text for this commentary here.