Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu January 10, 2013
Yonts Could Head House State Government Committee
Democratic state Representative Brent Yonts of Greenville could be in line to become the next chairman of the House State Government Committee, a key post with the Legislature working to find a way to restore solvency to the pension program for government retirees in Kentucky.
House Speaker Greg Stumbo said Wednesday he intends to nominate Yonts for the position and that he considers Yonts the frontrunner. Yonts, if selected, would replace former Democratic state Rep. Mike Cherry of Princeton who retired at the end of last year.