Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
The Eisenhower Hour takes a fun and nostalgic look at the Fifties by bringing the past into the present and putting such popular culture subjects as music, lifestyles, fads, the written word, entertainment, celebrities, and politics in context of their time and place. The inspiration for the weekly playlist is the rotation that would be found on a jukebox or in one of the original Top-40 radio formats, a combination of Pop, Novelty, Country and Western, Rhythm and Blues, Instrumentals, and early Rock 'n' Roll. The principle for selecting music is what was popular at the time.