Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Todd Hill, Director of Jazz Ensembles at Murray State University and longtime regional bandleader, has assembled a new ninety second feature: Jazz Journal - A minute and a half with America’s Art Form, which will begin airing Monday through Thursday evenings at 8:59 on WKMS.
Jazz Journal precedes the station's locally produced Cafe Jazz airing from 9 to 11 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Cafe Jazz hosts include Maestro Hill, George Eldred and Dr. Brian Clardy of the MSU Department of History.
The Jazz Journals include stories and music from the jazz life from musicians of all eras. “I hope everyone will find something to enjoy as they learn more about the music as well,” said Hill, whose wife, instrumentalist and vocalist Kala Dunn Hill, is producing Jazz Journal while working part-time at WKMS.