A candidate forum in Marshall County Monday night and Tuesday night will feature local races in the upcoming election.
Marshall County High School’s AP Government class is hosting the event. Students from the class will act as the moderators.
Here are the candidates speaking at Monday night’s forum:
- Commissioner District One: Joshua R. Medley and Justin Lamb
- Commissioner District Two: Kevin Spraggs and Johnny Bowlin
- Commissioner District Three: Monti R. Collins and Richard “Dr. Rick” Cocke
- Commonwealth Attorney: Dennis R. Foust and C. Mark Blankenship
- Judge/Executive: Kevin Neal and Will Coursey
- School Board District Three: Randy Travis and Leigh Ann Robinson Kinnis
- Sheriff: Eddie McGuire and Kevin Byars
Here are the candidates speaking at Tuesday night’s forum:
- Benton City Council: Charles Edmonds, Kevin Farley, Gene Gilland, Stanley “Butch” Holland, Tim Moores, Rita Murray, Ann C. Riley, Sherra Riley, Drew Williams and Stuart Wyatt.
- County Attorney: Jason Darnall and Zachary Brien
- State Representative District Six: Chris Freeland and Linda Story Edwards
- State Senator District Two: Danny Carroll and Julie Tennyson
The events begin at six p.m. at the Marshall County Public Library in Benton. The forum is open to the public.