Seven far west Kentuckians will serve on Governor-elect Andy Beshear’s transition team as he prepares to become Governor of the commonwealth next month.
Members of the team from the Pennyrile region include:
- Former State Senator Dorsey Ridley of Henderson
- Henderson County Circuit Clerk Herbie McGee of Henderson
- Former State Representative Jeff Taylor of Hopkinsville
Transition team members from the Purchase Area include:
- Bacon, Farmer & Workman Executive Vice Preident Mark Workman of Paducah
- AFL-CIO Business manager Kyle Henderson of Paducah
- Community Financial Services Bank CEO Betsy Flynn of Benton
- McConnell Insurance owner John McConnell of Murray
The transition team is organized into committees for each cabinet of the executive branch. Betsy Flynn will serve on the transition committee for the Finance cabinet. She said she hopes the state can find money to provide a pay increase to teachers.
“Hopefully we can find some money to reward our teachers for the very difficult, challenging and rewarding job they do,” Flynn said.
Flynn said she was asked to serve and saw it as her responsibility to help the Commonwealth in a time of transition. “I think it’s all our responsibility to serve when we are asked,” she said.
Other members of the transition team from west Kentucky will serve on the committees for the cabinets of labor, tourism and transportation.
The transition comes as Governor Matt Bevin conceded the election to Beshear last week. Andy Beshear will be inaugurated as the 63rd Governor of Kentucky on December 10.