Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
John Dressler is a professor of music at Murray State University. He joined MSU in 1989 after receiving his Masters and Doctorate at Indiana University. John's areas of interest include french horn, musicology and world civilization. His personal works include performances with Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, a featured soloist for the International Horn Society Conference, and "Recording Reviews" in the Journal of the International Horn Society volumes 33 and 34. John is now the host of Classical Encore, Sunday nights on WKMS.
Host and Professor of Music, Dr. John Dressler offers and additional two hours of classical music favorites at 5 am and 11 pm Saturdays. Also, this program rebroadcasts throughout the week on our all-classical HD2 channel. Dressler has a passion for British music and has just completed several weeks of research in London for a book he's writing on British Film Composers.
Hear Classical Encore on-demand:
Episodes will (usually) be updated by Monday afternoon