Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Thu July 26, 2012
Many W. Ky. Counties Remain Under Burn Bans
More than half of western Kentucky counties remain under burn bans this week. Out of 22 counties, 15 have reported burn bans to the Kentucky Division of Forestry. Some cities, including Madisonville have issued their own bans on outdoor burning and fireworks.
Rain forecast for tonight and later in the week could lift the ordinances. Residents should contact their county judge-executives for details.