TVA Seeking Public Input on Land Management Plans, Including Kentucky Reservoir

Jan 11, 2017

Kentucky Dam
Credit WKMS File Photo

The Tennessee Valley Authority is holding a public meeting Thursday to seek input on proposed changes in the land management plans for eight reservoirs. Changes include the Kentucky Reservoir on the Tennessee River. 

Under the proposed plans, the 74,713.5 acres of land at this site would be allocated for certain land uses, though 86.7% will be unchanged. TVA would allocate 40.7% of the remaining land to "reflect existing land use agreements or commitments" and the other 59.3% would involve allocations not based on existing agreements.  

More about the plan at Kentucky Reservoir

The public comment period is open for review through the end of January.

The event begins at 5 p.m. at Paris Landing State Park in Tennessee.