Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri July 6, 2012
Illinois 12th District Hopeful Releases Tax Records
A Democrat running for Illinois' 12th Congressional District seat has released 10 years of tax returns and says his republican opponent should do the same.
Former Illinois National Guard Adjutant General William Enyart brought the stack of tax returns to a news conference Thursday. Enyart says those who serve in Congress write tax policy and the budget, and as a result should be transparent about their interests in tax policy. He says the best way to remain transparent is is for candidates to release their tax returns publicly. There's no word on whether Republican Jason Plummer plans to make his returns available.