Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue March 19, 2013
The Morning Cram [come fly with me edition]
From NPR: Gustave Whitehead, a German immigrant who lived in Bridgeport, Conn., was the first to fly a plane, according to one expert who examined a photo recently unearthed in a Bavarian museum. This claim has reignited a debate among researchers, and a fight with the Smithsonian.
Kentucky: Kentucky transportation officials say the new U.S. 60 Tennessee River Bridge will likely be ready for traffic by mid-summer. Kentucky lawmakers came as close as ever this year to repealing the state’s ban on Election Day alcohol sales and it’s not dead yet.
Tennessee: The Tennessee House has passed a bill to bar public universities and colleges from implementing nondiscrimination policies for student groups. Tennessee Transportation Commissioner John Schroer says his agency's new Office of Community Transportation is aimed at better coordinating transportation planning statewide.
Illinois: Illinois officials say the state lottery's private operator faces a $20 million penalty because it fell $66 million short of its promised profits.