Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed May 16, 2012
Tennessee Cracks Down on Tattoos
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed a proposal cracking down on the tattooing of minors into law. The law makes it illegal for anyone who is unlicensed to possess tattooing paraphernalia.
The measure also encourages reporting incidents of underage tattooing to the Health Department. Currently, a person under 18 cannot get a tattoo. A 16-year-old can be tattooed to cover up an existing one, but only if a parent or guardian is present.