Five Things You Didn't Know About Big Atomic
Murray-based jam/funk/rock band Big Atomic headlines the free WKMS Live Lunch After Dark concert in Lovett Auditorium Tuesday night! They're the reigning champions from the 2015 Battle of the Bands competition... But you knew that! Here are five things about Big Atomic that you didn't know:
1. The name spurs from the band's love of science. They believe their unique whole is a synthesized product of different talents, backgrounds and inspirations.
2. Their favorite snacks to tide them over on the road are Pringles and a trail-mix bag of Doritos, Cheetos and Cheeze-Its.
3. One of Big Atomic's favorite and most fun songs to play is "Rift," a song from their new album with Paul McCartney overtones and fun, improvisational riffs.
4. Drew, the group's bass player, is begrudgingly called the G-Man. No one knows where the term comes from, but the name came, stuck and Drew grew accustomed to it.
5. Lead vocalist and guitarist Ryan has a unique talent... He can swallow his own tongue.